VALDELIA GAINS A SERIES OF NEW CSR CERTIFICATIONS
Paris, 9 December 2015 – Valdelia is an eco-organisation that collects and recycles discarded professional furniture. It has recently obtained triple ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and RSE 26001 (CSR) certification and has also been assessed against the ISO 26000 CSR standard. In this way, the eco-organisation is asserting its intention to place social responsibility at the core of its identity, modes of governance and management.
TRIPLE CERTIFICATION AND THE ISO 26000 CSR STANDARD ASSESSMENT
Valdelia has recently been certified by Ecocert Environnement as complying with three sets of requirements:
– ISO 14001 for its environmental management system,
– ISO 9001 for its quality management system,
– RSE 26001 (CSR) for its social responsibility management system (a standard introduced by APARRSE).
Valdelia has also been assessed against the ISO 26000 standard relating to the social responsibility of organisations, achieving “maîtrise” level (2/3). ISO 26000 has been available since November 2010 and defines how an organisation can and should contribute to sustainable development. It offers a clear framework to achieve this based on CSR practices and behaviours, involvement and communication with all stakeholders, and areas of CSR that the organisation needs to work on.
SOCIAL COMMITMENT AS A RESPONSE TO KEY CONCERNS
Valdelia’s CSR policy addresses five major challenges:
– Improving client and partner satisfaction through a portfolio of straightforward and efficient services and effective partnerships. 96.71% of professionals in possession of obsolete commercial furniture who have used Valdelia state that they were satisfied with the organisation’s services.
– Opening and maintaining a dialogue with its stakeholders to clarify its decisions in a coordinated way and report on its activities, thus providing transparency on Valdelia’s actions and results.
– Anticipating social and societal risks to contribute to a respect for the working conditions of industry professionals working with Valdelia.
– Reducing the environmental footprint linked to Valdelia’s activity by taking the lead in preventative action on pollution, and developing R&D projects to improve collection and recycling performance.
– Adopting and promoting ethical and fair conduct owards those involved in Valdelia’s activity (Social and Solidarity Economy members, service providers and organisations) especially by means of a responsible purchasing policy.
“By investing in this certification-based approach, Valdelia aims to demonstrate its commitment by moving from words to actions. For us, being certified is a way of showing that we do as we say”, states Arnaud Humbert-Droz, Valdelia CEO